Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A New Start

This is from an older post that I just had to keep. And the reason for the title of my new blog. It was when I realized how ready I was to move on with my life and start fresh. It has taken a while for me to do that but now.... I have an amazing reason to.
So in starting over... I start with a new blog. I plan to enjoy my new life and can't wait to share it with all of you.


It has been an eventful couple of weeks. The biggest was my trip to Washington to help take care of Mom....


It started out with a phone call on Wednesday, Sept. 1. Mom was in the admitted in to Dixie Regional Medical Center with a blood clot in her lungs. She was positive she would be in..... 'Only a few days. I am sure I will be out by Friday.' But I knew better. I began to make arragements at work to leave on Saturday, the 4th, to head down for a long week. Little did I know how long it would be.....

I visited Mom everyday that she was in the hospital and watched as she continued to fight to get better. And each day was. She looked better, even acted better. It took a while but 6 days after being admitted..... She was finally discharged, Tuesday, the 7th.

Now she has to continue with treatments at home until her family doctor is comfortable enough to say that she is better.

There was one thing found in the hospital that is cause for concern...... but that can be dealt with when and if the time comes. I am just thankful that she is doing better.

I was glad that I was able to go down to help her. It help me in a way as well.

I find that I tend to forget about taking time for myself and just do whatever I want. While Mom was in the hospital I was able to do absolutely nothing, and that was the best. But it was nice to just sit and read a book or go for a walk. Just whenever I felt like. I was able to catch up with a few friends I had not seen in about a year. And my favorite... sit outside and enjoy the weather.

I remember when I lived down there and I would sit for hours outside on the porch and watch those amazing 'St. George thunderstorms'. I would take picture after picture of the storms..... the sunrises..... the sunsets..... Even going for a ride and taking a short hike..... Just enjoying the beauty of it all......

While I was alone I took the time to relish in those feelings once again....




For the first time in a long time I am actually anxious for a good reason this time.... I can't wait to runaway by myself again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment