Thursday, July 12, 2012


Wow, I have been horrible at keeping up with blogging. I keep telling myself that I will find time to do it yet never manage to just sit down and do it. But lately I have had a lot on my mind. Guess it is time to get it all out.
                Too often many of us take for granted the little things in life. One of the ‘biggest/little things’ is the love of someone. For the last week, and then some, I have been ill, going from one treatment to the next, still waiting to find out what could be wrong. Now being sick is tiring all on its own. But trying to do simple things such as eating, walking up the stairs or just standing up because you ache, just adds to it. Then becoming discouraged and tired of feeling ill does not help. However… I have been fortunate enough to have someone who cared for me enough to buy food that I could eat, help me get up and about, and just tell me that everything will be okay.
                I always thought that I would be able to always be there for him and he has in return done the same for me. Everyone jokes about ‘finding your knight in shining armor’. I didn’t find my knight. I was able to find my best friend, my other half. To me that is so much better than a knight.
                I will always cherish all those little things that he does to show me he is there and that he cares. It may not seem like much to others but to me, it is the world.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are not feeling well again. :( I hope they can figure out why. So happy you found your best friend and seem to be happy with your new life. <3 ya

    ReplyDelete